Microsoft XBox One
Almost after 8 years of successful domination in gaming market Microsoft announces the successor to Xbox 360. New Console from Microsoft will be called XBox One. New Box will have many Hardware advancements.
- 8 Core CPU
- 8 GB system Memory
- Blu-Ray Drive
- 500 GB Storage
- 802.11n Wireless with Wi-Fi Direct.
- HDMI In/Out
- USB 3.0
New XBox Controller
Now Xbox One isn’t just about games, it’s about becoming the one system your living room needs. This is in direct competition with Apple TV product.
Microsoft has added features to make it the only box your TV really needs by recognising who you are, what you movies and shows you like, and allowing you to control all with just your voice.
Kinect Sensor will be integral part of XBox Console henceforth and there will not be option to buy console only.
Microsoft showed off Xbox one has the ability to integrate your cable set-top box. This can be done with HDMI connector. The Xbox One can display all of your cable channels, and with the new voice commands you can switch to your favorite channel directly from a video game. All you have to say is “Xbox, CNN” & the console will switch the screen for you.
Some of other amazing features of Xbox One are like NFL Fantasy Football integration, Skype, Smart Glass, and the Kinect’s ability to detect your heart rate. Game Disks will only have to be used for one-off installation.
Unfortunately the Xbox One won’t be backwards compatible with XBox 360 games.
There is no official announcement for the price but it is predicted to be sold around 350 to 450 USD which is inclusive of Kinect camera controller.
XBox 360 with 4 GB and Kinect sensor in one box cost around Rs. 22,990 in India. These are being offered by plenty of stores now. Microsoft is supporting the XBox 360 officially through these channels.
I played XBox 360 with Kinect controller for 3 days. Every day for 1 hour. What I build is mild muscle pain around all parts of my body. This really gives you great workout. Each game expects you to move your hands forward and backward, jump or sit down. And at the end of the game if you see your snaps you really don’t realize that you did those so nicely.
These are various sections inside the game.
- 20,000 Leaks : You are in glass cage and sea creatures comes and break your glass, your job is to fix those holes with your hands and feet.
- River Rush: You are riding an inflated boat which is moving with flow of water. Your job is to collect maximum pins by moving left or right or by jumping.
- Rally Ball: This is kind of mix of penalty goal in football and bowling. So your job is to hit the ball with hand and foot so that hits target in front of you in the form of boxes or multi ball pins.
- Reflex Ridge: In this section you have to jump, move left or right or sit down to avoid obstacles. Jumping and pulling bars speeds up the movement of your machine.
- Space Pop: You get the feeling of zero gravity. You can fly by waving your both arms. You need to pop the bubbles with your body parts.
At end of each game you are warded medal which can be Bronze, Silver, Gold or Platinum. You can collect these medals to earn achievements.
You can upload and share your achievements online at KinectShare.com from XBox using Ethernet or WiFi Internet.