Now that it was quite clear that XBox 360 with Kinect is the choice. These were the driving factors for taking this decision.
- Family Gaming – Microsoft is not having great collection of family gaming titles they seems serious previewing the titles.
- Advances Motion Control – Kinect
- Safer Gaming titles (No War, No fighting, No vulgar language)
- HDMI port availability
- Unavailability of Blue Ray Disks Player
- You have to subscribe to XBox Live Gold to use Facebook/Twitter.
- Each game title for Kinect Sensor costs around Rs. 2000 or more.
There are no outlets where Microsoft offers XBox 360 with Kinect over the counter. Luckily there is GAMES the shop in Mumbai. You can buy XBox 360 with Kinect in less than 5 minutes and bring home all excitement.
When you actually go for buying Microsoft XBox360 and Kinect, you realize there are some number of options you have.
If you have old XBox Arcade, you can just by the Kinect Controller which costs you around Rs. 10,000/-.
If you don’t have XBox console you have option of buying XBox 360 with 4 GB flash memory and Kinect controller in same box. This will cost you around Rs. 23,000/-.
If you wish to have good space where you can save downloaded games, videos, songs and photos, you can buy XBox 360 with 250 GB HDD. This without Kinect controller will cost you around Rs. 22,000/-. If you buy Kinect separately your total cost will go around Rs. 32,000/-.
Best deal to make for your money is to buy XBox 360 with 4 GB storage and Kinect in the same Box. This is what you get in the box.
- XBox 360 Console with Power Adapter.
- Joystick Controller with 2 DURACELL Batteries
- Kinect Sensor
- Kinect Adventures game DVD
- Component cable to connect XBox 360 to your LCD.
- Inbuilt WiFi
- XBox Live free account for 1 month trial.
XBox 360 with 4 GB storage have Hard Disk compartment underneath the console. You may add 250 GB storage later whenever you are out of space. It makes sense to buy 4GB version and later add the Hard Disk. This is because Flash memory is processed faster where as HDD Xbox model can be slow to boot. So far HDD is not available in India for sale, but it should be available soon.
You may not enjoy XBox 360 with Kinect in case:
- You don’t have High Definition LCD ( at least 1080p or 1080i)
- You don’t have empty room space of at least 7 feet from LCD.
- You don’t have space to keep Kinect sensor below the LCD or above the LCD.
Note: It is recommended to buy HDMI cable separately in case your LCD TV supports HDMI protocol. This gives you best graphics results.